Speech Pathologist - Nowra/Wollongong, NSW
SPOT4YOU & SPOT4KIDS is a dynamic Paediatric and Adult Private OT/Speech Practice servicing major cities and regional centres throughout NSW, QLD and Victoria.
We are currently looking to appoint a qualified Speech Pathologist in the Nowra to Wollongong area to provide mobile therapeutic services to new and existing clients 2 - 3 days a week, with potential for additional days as the caseload grows.
This role involves working predominantly with children, with some adult caseload, providing screening and assessments, individual therapy, group therapy and education. The role will suit a Speech Pathologist with a particular interest in working with young children with additional needs, and their families.
There is also the opportunity to conduct RAS assessments (My Aged Care home support assessments).
Requirements for the role include:
- Experience as a Speech Pathologist preferred, however new graduates are welcome to apply (professional mentoring and CPD is available)
- Mobile servicing of existing clients in the Nowra to Wollongong region and surrounding south coast areas
- Current Driver's License, WWCC/Blue Card, mobile phone, own car and computer essential
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent client management, organisational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain up to date and confidential client records
- High level of communication and report writing skills
- Willingness to undertake training in (or already hold) a Statement of Attainment – Home Support Assessors (SOA2).
This is a rare opportunity to work in a growing regional area on the stunning NSW South Coast. Relocation and accommodation assistance may be possible.
The successful applicant would ideally be a motivated self-starter who is looking to develop specialist skills in childhood and genetic disorders such as ASD, ADD, CP, hearing and visual impairments, learning disabilities, literacy and development delay.
Closing Date: 30 June 2019 unless the position is filled sooner.
Start Date: ASAP or as agreed
Enquiries: Rebecca Doyle 0438 382 390 or email application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.